Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HEIDI'S PICK SIX: KD Brogdon

Heidi's Pick Six

Photobucket
KD Brogdon

1. Which of your characters is your favorite?
Texas Ranger Kenneth Douglas. He is a deeply religious, honest and caring person. He sacrifices his personal wants and needs for the well being of others.


2. Tell me about your travels.
I have traveled several times to Central America. I think Costa Rica in the most American Friendly, although Nicaragua is gaining ground fast.


3. Coffee, tea, or milk?
Coffee in the morning, ice tea in the afternoon.


4. What else can you do besides write?
I am, and have been, for the past 25 plus years a Tampa Police Officer, Sargent for the past 16 years.


5. Who are you reading right now?
I am reading my new book, The Guardian, an engaging story. Also, The New Centurions.


6. Pop culture or academia?
Both. The world goes round.


7. What is the toughest scene you ever wrote?
The toughest scene; writing about a character's thoughts of suicide. Having to place, or attempt to place your thoughts in the mind frame. I have seen, and investigated, several suicides, but never addressed the thought pattern.


8. Where do you find your inspirations to write?
I have no idea. I sit in front of my notebook, or just a notepad, and it just starts pouring out.


9. Food you could eat everyday.
Fruit.


10. Are you into sports or other physical activities?
I played baseball early in life and was fortunate enough to play as a young adult. At the Police Department, I played in the Police Olympics. I have 10 medals from gold, silver and bronze. Currently, I am an avid jogger.


11. What kind of music speaks to you?
All music speaks to me, pop more than others. I taught myself to play my baby grand piano.


12. Do you outline your stories or do they just take you along for the ride?
I try to outline some stories, but the flood is too much. I can sit on an airplane and have 12 pages written on some subject by the time I arrive at my destination. Nutz.


13. Celebrity crush.
Halle Berry. I dream of making her walk sideways, but most guys do....


14. Who are the biggest influences on your work?
Stephen King. I actually met him once. I was at a book signing event, and that night went to dinner. Some of the folks that I was with knew someone he was with. I doubt if he would remember me. "Write everything down."


15. Do you still watch cartoons?
I do not watch much TV.


K. D. Brogdon is a tenured police sergeant in Tampa, Florida. He has served on local, state, and federal advisory committees for Traffic Law Enforcement and Safety. He has received recognition for his service, including Officer of the Year. He received his MBA from Tampa College. He grew up in Louisiana and currently lives in Brandon, Florida.

6 comments:

  1. I was given a copy of his new book. I was hooked from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a signed copy of both books. I look forward to his works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finishd The Guardian. I cried, I laughed, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finshed The Guardian. What a Great Book....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the book. The new Lonesome Dove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for picking six, K. D.!

    And thanks to all who stopped by to comment!

    :) Heidi

    ReplyDelete