This is the third in a series I'm hosting where I talk with reviewers who have reviewed my books. Today I welcome Tammy from Novel Opinion! She was kind enough to take time out of her reading and blogging schedule to answer some fun questions about herself, her blog, and about my novel Ambasadora.
To read Novel Opinion's full review of Ambasadora visit: http://novelopinion.org/2011/08/06/ambasadora-by-heidi-ruby-miller
ABOUT THE REVIEWER
1. What types of books do you review most often?
I try to do all types but the lion's share are thrillers,sci fi and horror.
2. Are there any types of books you won’t review?
I have to say any book promoting an unethical idea or act. This, I realize, is subjective to my ideals but I have to stay true. Not to mention remaining unbiased in order for a fair review.
3. Do you review more books you've come to on your own or those from authors/publishers?
It started out with books I picked out on my own but I have been very lucky to get requests from authors on a regular basis.
4. How long does it usually take you to get to a book once it makes it into your TBR pile?
Review requests come first, then what I want to read. Lately I have been very busy with requests so anywhere from two weeks to a month. Let me add that I love it!
5. What do you do if you can't finish a book?
If it is a request, I will let the author know why and move on. This makes me cringe for days though and I wish sometimes I could separate the book from the author. I do not write a review in this case.
6. What is your favorite book ever?
Mirror of Her Dreams by Stephen R. Donaldson.
7. Do you like ice cream better than potato chips?
Ice Cream, which I try not to buy and now desperately want. Thanks...
1. Who was your favorite character?
Actually, David. He appealed to me in a lot of ways. Tough, stubborn, a natural leader and just a bit of a jerk. Very sexy and honorable.
2. Who did you picture as the characters?
I honestly don't sub characters in books with real life people. I see people talk about this all the time but I always go with the author's description as best I can. If I tried to put, say, Daniel Craig as David, David would turn into Daniel Craig, As hot as he is I don't want him in my head. I hope this makes sense.
3. What is your favorite setting within the Ambasadora-verse?
I did love the V-side but I was truly entranced with Palomin. The barren landscape and raging river with the Hippodrome and it's history of being an ancient ship. I was drawn into the exclusive setting with music, lights, formal attire and celebration. The voyeurs flying around trying to snoop on the Socialites reminded me of a futuristic TMZ. Then the surreal and horrific reason for the celebration knocked me on my butt. I felt that opening scene to be brilliant and was drawn in to this new society.
4. Would you rather have a character or a place named after you?
Yeesh. All us chicks want to be bad-asses but a kick butt character named Tammy? Not gonna work. So, place!
5. What would you have changed about AMBASADORA if you could?
OK, this is going to sound like hopeless groveling but I wanted it longer because I hated it to end. True story!
6. What would you like to see in future books within the Ambasadora-verse? Well, I am looking forward to Sara growing into a leader. I would like to see more weaponry and battle. I am pretty sure I’m going to like whatever you put out because the storyline is so good!
7. Would you ever want to travel to the V-side?
I'm not too sure I haven't been there already. Heck, I read so much as it is I'm hanging on to reality by my fingertips.
Want to know more about Novel Opinion? Leave your question in a comment below and check out these links:
If you would like to read Novel Opinion's full review of Ambasadora, follow this link: http://novelopinion.org/2011/08/06/ambasadora-by-heidi-ruby-miller
If you would like to review Ambasadora, email me at email@example.com.