Friday, February 03, 2012

HEIDI'S PICK SIX: Jessica Subject

HEIDI'S PICK SIX


Jessica Subject


1. Which of your characters is your favorite?
In my most recent release, Never Gonna Let You Go, I would have to say Melina. When I set down to write this story, she showed up as a complete surprise. But I had fun writing her tale. Overall though, Katrina from my Mark of the Stars series is my favorite. She was the very first character who spoke to me back in 2008, and she was named by my daughter.


2. Tell me about your travels.
3. Coffee, tea, or milk?
4. What else can you do besides write?

5. Who are you reading right now?
Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch. I actually have a bunch of science fiction romance and young adult books on my immediate TBR list.


6. Pop culture or academia?
7. What is the toughest scene you ever wrote?

8. Where do you find your inspirations to write?
I find inspiration in everyday things, conversations I overhear, news stories and articles, and more. Though my very first as well as my most recent story ideas came to me as a dream. When an idea pops into my head, I write it down then file it away to work on later.


9. Food you could eat everyday.
Pasta. Oh my gosh, I can’t get enough. I prefer whole wheat or vegetable noodles though.


10. Are you into sports or other physical activities?
11. What kind of music speaks to you?

12. Do you outline your stories or do they just take you along for the ride?
Before I sit down to write any story, I’ll play with the idea in my mind for a couple days, jotting down point form notes as I go along. While I’m writing the story, I may also get an idea for a future scene which I’ll write down, so the idea doesn’t flitter away before I get to that point. Otherwise, the characters take me along for the ride, telling me their story. And if I make a mistake, they let me know.


13. Celebrity crush.
I could list a few, but Nathan Fillion would be at the top of the list.


14. Who are the biggest influences on your work?
15. Do you still watch cartoons?


Jessica Subject started writing to encourage her daughter to read. Now she writes to keep herself grounded. Although she reads many genres, she enjoys writing Science Fiction Romance the most and believes everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after. She lives Southwestern Ontario, Canada with her husband and two kids and loves to hear from anyone who has enjoyed her stories. Her debut novella, Celestial Seduction is available from Decadent Publishing.

Find Jessica online at these links:

WEBSITE - http://www.markofthestars.com



- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessica-E-Subject-author/205759796126370



- http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4959083.Jessica_E_Subject



- https://plus.google.com/100079570422204018357/posts



- http://twitter.com/jsubject


GIVEAWAY!!
As part of the Never Gonna Let You Go blog tour, Jessica is giving away a $20 gift certificate to either Amazon.com or AllRomanceEbooks.com. Simply leave a comment with your email address for your chance to WIN! Be sure to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: http://www.markofthestars.com/wp/?page_id=8999


BLURB for Never Gonna Let You Go
Caught in a tangle of lies, Calla Jacobs must sort through the truth to discover where she truly belongs. A biologist for Planet Core, she finds herself ensnared in a web of deceit. Sent to Airondelle, she must work with a team to prepare the newly discovered planet for colonists from Earth. But the mission does not go as she expected. Her former lover, Erik Edwards, shuns her, sending Calla into the arms of Melina Holloway, their commander, for the attention she craves and more. A confrontation among the trio leaves her with a broken heart, and fleeing from the two people she trusted most.

Attempting to break free from the lies that bind her, she discovers Planet Core has deceived everyone. And when she returns to Earth, Calla learns just how far Planet Core’s control reaches.

BOOK TRAILER - http://youtu.be/I8hN8O4bVo4

Available from Decadent Publishing and other ebook retailers - http://www.markofthestars.com/wp/?page_id=7889



13 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking 6, Jessica!

    NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO has made it to my TBR list. (Love that SFR!!)

    Congratulations,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Heidi! And thanks for having me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Heidi and Jessica! I love reading the pick six q/a. Some interesting answers, Jessica!

    Congrats and good luck with Never Gonna Let You Go, and the tour. (Did I tell you I love the title?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaye!

    Thanks for stopping by. So glad you enjoy the PICK SIXes.

    And, I agree--Jessica's title is great!

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! It's amazing (or maybe not) how many authors say they get ideas from dreams, myself included. You think we can count sleeping as work hours then?

    Best of luck with the book, and good call on Nathan Fillion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pasta is something I could eat every day if they told me I could only pick one food. As long as I could have a variety of sauces with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Kaye!

    Surprisingly the title is very popular on Youtube. There are many videos and songs with that title according to my Google Alerts. LOL

    Yes, Francis, but unfortunately writing isn't an hourly paying job. LOL Thanks so much!

    I agree, Pippa. I like a variety of pasta shapes and sauces with different meats, vegetables and spices as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great six, Jessica! I'm just learning more and more things about you on this tour. LOL All good of course. I love to hear about writer's lives and process of writing. Loved the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Jenna! Me, too. We can all be so different, yet share the same passion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea Pick 6 is :)
    Enjoyed reading this &A.
    elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elain - Yes, such a fun idea. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Heidi, for hosting me during my Never Gonna Let You Go blog tour!
    And thank you to everyone who stopped by!
    The winner is posted her on my website: http://www.markofthestars.com/wp/?p=9429
    All the best!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete