Friday, May 18, 2012

SFFS: Snippet from Fragger #2

SFFS Snippet

FRAGGER - BOOK TWO IN THE AMBASADORA SERIES



Fragger, the second novel in the Ambasadora series, is coming soon. Since I don't have any art for it yet, I put together a Wordle from the first few chapters. There may be spoilers hidden within so scrutinize at your own risk.

The following interaction between David Anlow and Sean Cryer, both prominent characters in the preceding books, hints at the dynamic of their relationship and Sean's struggle with drug abuse.

--

READ SNIPPET #1

--

SNIPPET #2:

"Do you need something to help you sleep, too?" Yul asked.

"David seems to think so," Sean said, hoping that since it was the Armadan's idea to get some rest, it would cut off any impending lecture.

"I said you needed sleep, not help getting there, so don't use me as an excuse to dose."

Yul looked from one man to the other. Sean knew he was conflicted because technically Sean was his superior as a fragger node, but no one on the ship, including the other active fleet captain could ignore David's commanding presence.

"Why don't you back off? I don't want your advice," Sean said. "I've been taking care of myself since I was thirteen."

"And it shows," David said.

"Piss off."

--

Greenshift, the prequel to Ambasadora, is also available at Amazon.

Find more snippets from other wonderful authors at Science Fiction Fantasy Saturday.

20 comments:

  1. Love the dialogue interaction between these two. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone's snippy in today's snippet. Yeah, sorry for the pun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knew you'd enjoy this one, T.M.!

    Wayne, I'll forget you even said that.... :)

    Thanks for stopping by, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the boys are at it again! Nothing seems to change between them. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent dialogue - really shows off these amazing characters. Love the energy.

    Not easy keeping these snippets spoiler free (and teaser-ful), is it? I'm constantly having to make 'creative' edits to keep certain bits of information out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, they just lurve each other. You can just see it in their conversations. Great snippet, once again. Cannot wait for this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set up and dialogue. Definitely no bro-mance there. Looking forward to reading Fragger after getting a dose of these two in Greenshift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's clear they both have history that's weighing on them and it comes through in their dialogue. Works for great chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good dialogue, but you need to work on clarifying tags and pronouns. I had to go back and reread to figure it out, which is never good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I love David and Sean. They always have great dialogue with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really need to hug it out--because that will lead to even more hilarious character interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting personalities at work here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Sean. Funny, as I really disliked him at the start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, Caffrey getting my back! I like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the snippets. This whole world is really amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by, Angela!

    And, Mike, so glad you enjoy the Ambasadora-verse. It's one of my favorite places, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete