Tuesday, January 29, 2013

HEIDI'S PICK SIX: Maria Hammarblad

HEIDI'S PICK SIX


Maria Hammarblad

1. Which of your characters is your favorite?
2. Tell me about your travels.

3. Coffee, tea, or milk?
Coffee, definitely. My motto is, "Caffeine is good for you." If I stopped drinking coffee I'd probably fall asleep and nap for a couple of days until I catch up.


4. What else can you do besides write?
I can play the bass and I used to play in a couple of rock bands when I lived in Sweden. It's a lot of fun. Playing with a band takes time though, so I haven't sought out any new "playmates" since I moved to Florida. The dogs listen patiently, so I have a little audience. LOL!


5. Who are you reading right now?
Right now I'm reading the World of Destiny series by Robert Landry. It's about a few survivors struggling to make a new life after the end of the world as we know it. I love discovering new writers!


6. Pop culture or academia?

7. What is the toughest scene you ever wrote?
It's a scene from my novel Undercover. This is a contemporary novel, not science fiction at all, and the hero is a Russian spy. He faces an impossible choice when he is on a mission together with an overzealous colleague who sets about killing their target's family. Our hero isn't able to save them, and it scars him profoundly. I was pretty happy with the scene once I was done with it, but my editor thought it was too gruesome and it didn't make it to the final version of the novel. She was probably right - if I had a hard time writing it people might not appreciate reading it... I've been thinking of putting it as an "extra" on my website, but I haven't gotten around to it.


8. Where do you find your inspirations to write?
Everywhere. The most mundane situations can trigger my mind to play the "What if" game. "What if a spaceship would land right here, right now. What would all these people do?" "What if the guy over there is really an undercover cop trying to infiltrate a gang?" "Ooooh, an airplane. What if it carries someone with a mysterious package, no wait, a bundle of documents, no... Let's make it secret drawings." "This coffee tastes strange. Hmm, what if it contains something that allows people to control other people's brains." You get the idea; my head is filled with stuff like that all the time.


9. Food you could eat everyday.
10. Are you into sports or other physical activities?
11. What kind of music speaks to you?
12. Do you outline your stories or do they just take you along for the ride?

13. Celebrity crush.
Steve Bacic, definitely. He is very cute. ;-)


14. Who are the biggest influences on your work?
15. Do you still watch cartoons?

Originally born in Sweden, Maria Hammarblad moved to Florida late 2008, and today she lives in the Tampa Bay area with her husband Mike and their rescue dogs. Most known for writing science fiction romance, she also writes contemporary novels and award winning screenplays. Besides a number of self published books, she currently has two novels published through Desert Breeze Publishing and three more scheduled for 2013. Her biggest interest besides writing is playing bass.

Find Maria online at these links:

WEBSITE - http://www.hammarblad.com


- http://www.scifiromance.info


- https://www.facebook.com/mariahammarblad


- http://www.twitter.com/mariahammarblad

DESCRIPTION FOR Kidnapped:
It's a late winter night when Patricia Risden heads home in her car, on a road she's driven many times before. She doesn't have a care in the world, that is, until a man appears from nowhere, right in front of her.

The next thing she knows is being a prisoner of the unscrupulous Alliance Commander Travis 152; an intimidating man who demands information and complete cooperation. Travis soon realizes his mistake; Tricia doesn't know anything, and she is incapable of even getting a glass of water from the ship's computer.

Infamous for being a ruthless executioner, conditioned since childhood to feel nothing besides fear and pain, he still deems her harmless, and finds enough pity for the lost young woman to let her out of the cell; a decision that will change both their lives forever.

Buy Kidnapped:


- http://amzn.com/B00825645A

4 comments:

  1. So glad you picked six, Maria!

    Congratulations on KIDNAPPED--I put it on my TBR list.

    :) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, make sure you have enough space accessible to completely accommodate your tools.
    Feel free to visit my web blog ... dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick 6 Maria! Kidnapped sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey There. I discovered your blog the use of msn.

    This is an extremely neatly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.
    Also see my web site > top online jobs work from home

    ReplyDelete